Monday, April 14, 2008

Getting Back to Normal



Well we are getting back to normal. Spring Break is over for Nathan and Shay is back to her old self. They both went to school today. My computer at home would not let me post pictures and my lap top is acting up so I've not been able to get these up until now. Shay stayed home all week so we could be sure nothing went near her mouth. She has done a great job of not putting any thing in her mouth. She was so excited to get back to school today. She also has cheerleading tonight and can not wait to start cheering. The past two days she keeps telling me that on Monday she will be a cheerleader.

Nathan seemed happy to get back to school. The first couple of days were great fun not having to do anything but by the end of the week he was bored. He kept telling me yesterday that he was "VERY BORED" and wanted to go do something. Reading and school work was not his idea of a way to get over boredom. On Satuday both Nathan and Shay had great fun at Monkey Joe's.

I am still having trouble with my allergies and went to the doctor on Thursday. Even with the presciptions and other drugs my eyes are still watering and I am not back to normal. Hopefully the tree pollen will clear up over the next few weeks and that will help me get better.

We have our post-op appointment this Thursday and I pray that Shay's palate will be given the all clear. I have not noticed any holes but it is really hard to tell. She seems to be talking better and clearer. We will start speech therapy soon.

Julie

1 comment:

tumbleintodreams said...

Good Luck at the post op checkup! Sounds like Shayla is doing great! I love the Dora balloon! sherri and cami