Sunday, August 16, 2009

First Time on Skates



We tried roller skating for the first time. Both kids did pretty good. No one was moving very quickly but they both stayed up by themselves on the wood and carpet. Thankfully they let the parents walk with street shoes out on the rink. If not we all would have been in trouble. Nathan really didn't want to go but with a small bribe (game room time before leaving) he adjusted his attitude and tried. He did a great job and made it on the carpet and the wood. Shay loved it and laughed at herself and everyone around her. She didn't move very quickly and if you call scooting skating then she succeeded. In her mind she was skating and very proud of herself.

5 comments:

Melinda said...

Looks like so much fun!!

Melinda

Meredith Daniels said...

Great pictures of your beautiful kids! Especially the ones of them playing in the water!

Tonya said...

Your children are beautiful!! Thank you for commenting on my blog. Yes, I would love to chat sometime. Send me an email with your email address and we can share info. It was great of Debi to think of each of us! I cannot wait to travel to bring my baby home--your kids seem amazing!!

Take care,
Tonya
tday@oconee.k12.ga.us

day by day said...

They look like they had a great time! Hey, slow is good when you are on wheels,right? lol!

Thanks so much for your kind words that you left on our blog last week!

I hope you have a great week-end!!

Sandee said...

Blessings, I saw your coment on Linny's blog and just wanted to say I agree with you. I too am a single mommy..>God is so good to give us such blessings.