Friday, June 13, 2008

One Year Ago Today!


One Year ago today my brother and I boarded three planes to LA / Tokyo / Beijing. We had a safe easy flight on all three planes. Our connections were well timed and other than being really nervous and excited about getting to meet Shay our trip over was very smooth. I remember thinking when I woke up that day "What have I done" (just a little worried) and "WOW I can't believe the time has come" (thankful and excited). I could not believe we were on our way.

We upgraded our seats from LA to Tokyo which made the long part of our trip so nice. I've never been in first class so it was a treat. Our seats laid out flat and made sleeping very easy. I always sleep on planes so that just made it even easier. I think we still have the slippers they gave us. Our seats were upstairs on a plane that held over 400 people.

Shay and I talked about Mama coming to get her today. She doesn't really get it but it was fun talking about it. I am so thankful for her she is such a blessing. Everyday I thank God for letting me be her Mama.

Thank you also to Uncle John for coming with us last year, my Mom and Dad for staying with Nathan while we traveled and Nathan for letting Mama go for so long and being a good boy for Nana. He has been a great big brother most of the time.

Julie

No comments: