Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Mommy I Cheerleader

ShayLa and I spent this past weekend at a cheer leading competition and all weekend I heard "look Mommy I Cheerleader." She can not wait until she can be a cheerleader. She danced and cheered all weekend. Thanks to friends she also got to swim and hang out with the big kids. We made our first trip to Build a Bear and she loved that. Pinkie Princess bear is now her new favorite stuffed animal and has gone with her to school and everywhere else.

We are coming up on our surgery date and I am excited that her palate will be repaired but also very nervous about the surgery and recovery. I've read and learned so much from the cleft yahoo group. Please keep us in your prayers. Surgery is scheduled for April 2nd and we will be in Chapel Hill on March 31st so we can be on time for pre-op April 1st. I know this is going to be so hard for her with all the needles and food restrictions. She hates shots.

I'm excited about Easter and so thankful to share Jesus with the kids. Nathan is so curious about things and asked some great questions. I love his innocence and faith. Hopefully we will have some more pictures to post.

Thank you to my new old friend Jim and Julie. It was great to hear from the both of you. Can you believe it has been over 20 years. Where does the time go.

Julie

No comments: