Thursday, June 18, 2009

Two Years Ago Today I Met My Beautiful Daughter






Two years ago today my brother and I were in China. God blessed me with the most beautiful girl. At 3 1/2 years of age she came into a strange room with strange people without a tear. She loved showing us her pictures and having her picture taken. Even two years later life is so exciting to her. Each new thing is met with such enthusiasm. Her smile can light up a room and for the most part is easy to find.

In her second year she has finished up preschool and is heading to kindergarten in the fall. She will attend a Chinese magnet program and will soon be learning her native language again. She is very gifted in gymnastics and cheerleading. Dress up, singing and playing make believe are her favorite activities at home.

I can't imagine my life with out her in it. I pray that she will continue to love Jesus as her Lord and Heavenly Father. That life will always be so exciting and her smile will continue to bless everyone around her.

2 comments:

Meredith Daniels said...

Julie you have taken some beautiful pictures of your beautiful children! I've enjoyed the update since I don't see you in the office anymore.

Melinda said...

ShayLa is absolutely beautiful!! Isn't it amazing how fast time flies once your children are home...after all those months of waiting where time just crept by!? I also wanted to let you know that I've switched to a family blog (no longer Buttons and Bows & Twinkling Toes). I hope you can stop by our new "home" soon!

Melinda